IMPACT WARMING STATION
Impact Temple Church is opening its doors to our neighbors experiencing homeless during the cold weather season.
Impact serves as one of our city’s two warming stations, providing a place where guests can come, receive a warm dinner, enjoy a shower, and sleep safely on particularly cold nights.
The Warming Station will open any night that the forecast predicts a drop in the felt temperature (with wind-chill factor) of 32 degrees Fahrenheit or 35 degrees when wet. The shelter will open at 6 pm to 8 am.
Anyone can arrive at the shelter at any time during the nights that we are open. Quiet time is from 10 pm to 6 am. Pets are welcome, so long as they remain secured in a crate or on a leash.
Note on Opening Criteria:
We use this graph from the National Weather Service as our guide for when to open the warming shelter. We open if the opening criteria is met any time during our opening hours. Click Here.
Impact’s Warming Shelter is a team effort. Staff, volunteers, and guests work together to create a safe place of warm welcome and hospitality. It is crucial, therefore, that everyone in the shelter adhere to the following rules.
- All guests must register upon arrival.
- No alcohol, illegal drugs, or other inebriating substances are allowed on church property.
- No loud arguing, fighting, or using violent or abusive language.
- No weapons. Dangerous possessions may be secured in a locked storeroom for safe keeping.
- Baskets and other large luggage will be stored in a locked storeroom for safe keeping.
- No loud music or videos without headphones.
- No sex with oneself or with any other person. No sexually suggestive language.
- Pets must remain secured on a leash or in a crate.
- Lights out at 10 p.m. No gathering in the common room after 10 p.m.
- Guests who leave the building after 9 p.m. may not re-enter on the same night, without explicit permission from the shelter manager-on-duty.
Guests may be asked to leave for violating these rules or for any other behavior that disturbs the peace of the other guests. Repeat offenses, violence, and any other behavior that puts the safety of another person at risk may be grounds for a long-term ban.
We could not provide this shelter without support from our community. If you have any questions about providing donations, giving financial support, or volunteering, reach out to us at email@example.com.
We are especially grateful for the following partnering organizations:
Temple Christian Outreach (Formerly St. Vincent de Paul)
How You Can Help
Supplies and Volunteers Needed!
Sharing Shelter Needs
You can email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call Ro at 254-493-5422 if you want to bring donations or if you have questions about volunteering.
- Donate funds for supplies that we can purchase wholesale or in bulk.
- Donate goods and supplies that will be used in the shelter and distributed to our guests. We currently need
- Towels and Wash Cloths
- Coats, Jackets, Sweaters
- Socks, Underwear, Gloves
- Toiletries, such as toothbrushes, deodorant, disposable razors, etc.
- Soap and shampoo (preferably travel sizes)
For general questions about the shelter, contact us email@example.com.